Statewide Public Testimony Opportunity
Friday, February 17, 2017
1:30 PM – 3:30 PM
In person, by telephone, via email*
House Bill 115 – Comprehensive State Revenue Restructuring Act
STATE INCOME TAX; PFD CREDIT; PERM FUND INCOME
“An Act relating to the permanent fund dividend; relating to the appropriation of certain amounts of the earnings reserve account; relating to the taxation of income of individuals; relating to a payment against the individual income tax from the permanent fund dividend disbursement; repealing tax credits applied against the tax on individuals under the Alaska Net Income Tax Act; and providing for an effective date.” Read the full bill.
The number one KPBSD Board of Education legislative priority is, “Provide sustained, reliable, and adequate education funding for Alaska’s students.”
If a solution to the state fiscal challenge, and funding public education is a priority to you, please be part of the solution, and make time to tell your story or offer your opinion on Friday. The House Finance committee will listen to public testimony about the proposed bill HB 115 for two hours.
Go to a local LIO office in Homer, Kenai, or Seward; call-in; or email your testimony.
- Public testimony limited to 2 minutes per testifier
- If you are a member of a group with the same message, in the interest of time, please select a spokesperson to testify for the entire group
- Identify yourself (first and last name), the community in which you live, and any relevant affiliations
By Phone (LIO offices in Homer, Kenai, and Seward, plus Off-Net):
- Public members are strongly encouraged to testify from their Legislative Information Offices (LIOs), as there are limited Off-Net phone lines that are prioritized for those who are unable to physically reach their LIO;
- If public members cannot reach their LIO, they may use the limited Off-Net phone system
- 844-586-9085 (toll-free) or 907-586-9085
- All Off-Net callers are required to hang up immediately after testifying in order to keep as many lines open as possible for other callers.
- Email email@example.com