Soldotna, September 10, 2018—The Kachemak Selo New K-12 School Construction project began July 9, 2011, when a petition was submitted to the school board by local residents requesting a public school facility. Kenai Peninsula Borough voters
- Interactive online story map: learn more about the village, geography, new school site, transportation issue, funding outlay, and more. To access the interactive online presentation in a PDF, download the story map presentation version of the interactive webpage.
- Infographic flyer illustrating project data
Kindergarten through twelfth grade classes are currently housed in three leased residential facilities that have deteriorated beyond useful capacity. The estimated cost of this construction project will not exceed $15,460,000. The proposed bonds in the amount of $5,450,000 would fund the 35% local match as well as costs associated with planning, design, site acquisition, preparation and development, construction and equipping the Kachemak Selo K-12 School.
The approximate annual amount of taxes on $100,000 of assessed real or personal property value to retire the debt are $4.95 (based on the Borough’s FY2018 taxable assessed valuation). Review supporting legislation.
- Project website: kpb.us/kselo
- October 2, 2018 Kenai Peninsula Borough Election Information
- School district website highlight story
*GENERAL OBLIGATION BONDS TO PAY THE LOCAL REQUIRED MATCH PORTION OF THE COSTS OF THE KACHEMAK SELO NEW K-12 SCHOOL. To be voted on by all voters October 2, 2018.
News Release: KPBSD: Proposition 1 Kachelmak Selo New School