Sign up no later than 3:00 PM the Friday prior to a Board of Education meeting to guarantee the remote site will be open and staffed.
Soldotna, December 20, 2018—The KPBSD Board of Education will open two additional locations for public testimony via video during a school board meeting. Homer Middle School and Seward Elementary School sites will be open—if there are advance signups—starting with the January 14, 2019, school board meeting.
Sign Up to Testify
Advanced sign up is required in order to accommodate remote testimony. The deadline is 3:00 p.m. on the Friday preceding the meeting.
- To sign up, call or email Debbie Tressler, 907-714-8836 firstname.lastname@example.org, by the Friday, 3:00 PM deadline. If no one signs up in advance for video testimony, remote participation will be cancelled in that location (Homer Middle School, or Seward Elementary School).
The Kenai Peninsula Borough School Board welcomes and values public comment on agenda and non-agenda items. Citizens have four opportunities during a board meeting to address the Board of Education on education related topics:
- Public Presentations (non-agenda items)
- Hearing of Delegations
- Public Comments on Action Items
- Public Presentations (any topic)
- Testifying at a KPBSD School Board Meeting guidelines: http://bit.ly/2QHKjRb
- Board of Education meetings, policies, and library documents are available to the public through Board Docs online: https://www.boarddocs.com/ak/kpbsd/Board.nsf/public
- To view the live-stream of a Board of Education meeting from a computer or digital device, or view past board meetings, visit the school board video channel: http://bit.ly/BOEvideochannelKPBSD
- KPBSD Board of Education webpage
School board meetings are held in the Kenai Peninsula Borough Betty J. Glick Assembly Chambers, 144 N. Binkley St., Soldotna, unless otherwise noted.