Soldotna 7-12 grade school administrators announced for 2014-2015

KPBSD logo 4c todayMedia Release

KPBSD announces Soldotna 7-12 grade administrators for 2014-2015

Soldotna, October 2, 2013—The principals and assistant principals for the Soldotna schools reconfiguration were determined this week after an interview process. Dr. Steve Atwater, superintendent, made the final decision. The assignments will take effect in the 2014-2015 school year, and each of the five is an administrator in good standing with the district. The administrators will remain in their current position for the 2013-2014 school year.

“One of the more pressing needs of our reconfiguration process is naming the administrators for the three Soldotna area secondary schools. In response to this need we created a process that included district administration interviewing the five Soldotna area secondary school administrators,” said Dr. Atwater. “I am pleased with how the process worked and am confident that the five will work well together in their assignments to ensure a smooth transition for our Soldotna area secondary students and staff.” The new assignments (school names are not yet determined) are:

10-12 grade high school at current Soldotna High School campus:

• Principal: Mr. Todd Syverson (currently Soldotna High School principal)
  • Assistant Principal: Mr. Randy Neill (currently Skyview High School principal)

Grade 9 at current Soldotna Middle School campus:

• Principal: Mr. Curt Schmidt (currently Soldotna Middle School assistant principal)

7-8 grade middle school at current Skyview High School campus

• Principal: Mr. Sarge Truesdell (currently Soldotna Middle School principal)
  • Assistant Principal: Mr. Tony Graham (currently Soldotna High School assistant principal)
  • River City Academy (7-12 grade) will relocate from the Skyview High School campus to the current Soldotna Middle School campus. Mrs. Dawn Edwards-Smith will remain the administrator.

Todd Syverson said, “Over the past 24 years the KPBSD has blessed me with the privilege and honor of working with the greater Soldotna area at Skyview High School, Soldotna Middle, Redoubt Elementary, Soldotna High School, and now as the principal of the new 10-12 grade high school. My vision is to continue to strive for excellence in creating a school that has our students ready for career or college pathways that will land our students with rewarding careers and a promising future!”

“It’s been a privilege working the past nine years at Skyview High School,” said Randy Neill. “I look forward to continuing to work with students, staff, and the community in the coming years. This is great opportunity to help students and staff come together to bring out the best of both schools.”

Curtis Schmidt, new principal for the ninth grade school said, “I am excited and privileged to be selected as the principal for the Soldotna area ninth grade school. It is my intent to assist every ninth grade student in making a successful transition to high school and to provide them with a learning experience that is engaging and challenging.”

“It is an exciting time to be a member of the team at Soldotna Middle School and I feel privileged to be chosen to lead such a great school,” said Sarge Truesdell. “I look forward to being here to support our students, staff, and stake holders as we transition to a new building in 2014-2015.”

Tony Graham, who will be the new assistant principal at the 7-8 grade school said, “I am thankful to be given this opportunity and I am looking forward to cultivating a new educational community along with Sarge Truesdell. I plan to use my experience to help support students, staff, and community transition and grow.”

The Board of Education will approve these five contracts in the spring during the normal process of administrator contract renewals.

###

Tags: , , , , , ,