APECS 2.0 Software Update

APECS Employee portal

I’m happy to report the KPBSD team that has worked so long and hard to ensure a successful implementation of our upgrade to the APECS 2.0 software came through with a win. We aren’t done yet, but we’ve made it through the first payroll successfully, which we considered the biggest test. This sums up the general feeling among the team on November 5, 2013, just before the system was opened up for all users:

“One thing is sure. We have to do something. We have to do the best we know how at the moment … If it doesn’t turn out right, we can modify it as we go along.”    -Franklin D. Roosevelt

I’ve heard operating a school is like building an airplane while in flight–moving everyone forward toward an uncertain future and destination. We understand that feeling. I only have 300 words, so I don’t have room to name all the team members. And while space is a limitation, another part of my reluctance to name names comes from the reality that everyone in the district has played a part. Certainly, some were involved more directly in the testing and training and spent many long hours making sure that the transition went smoothly. But all school district employees were involved in some way. None are more appreciated than those who provided their support and understanding when things didn’t turn out quite the way we hoped on the first try.

Part of the reason the KPBSD is a great place to work is the amazing support of fellow employees, who feel like this, too: “I’ve worked too hard and too long to let anything stand in the way of my goals. I will not let my teammates down and I will not let myself down.” -Mia Hamm

Contributed by Laurie Olsen, KPBSD director of finance

Tags: , ,