KPBSD inspiration: Felesata Fefelov, Kachemak-Selo School #ClassOf2019

K-Selo Felesata Fefelov

Kachemak-Selo School
Felesata Fefelov, Class of 2019

Felesata Fefelov was deemed the senior most deserving of the Class of 2019 Kachemak Selo School spotlight recognition. “My first remembered encounter with this student is when she peeked her head onto a bus to say, ‘Hi, you probably don’t know me, but I’m a senior at Kachemak Selo,’” said Principal Wojciak. “She was right, her face was new to me and I don’t recall seeing her again until the day of graduation. She was well ahead of where she needed to be with credits and not very visible in school. Her introduction was to inquire about my contributions to the yearbook.” Her tenacity is what prompted her teacher, Mrs. Jennifer Sorensen, to write, “I would spotlight Felesata for her exceptional work on the yearbook this year. Her desktop publishing skills are fantastic. It is probably the best student-made yearbook I have ever seen. She researched old files of pictures and created something really memorable and special.”

Felesata is one of ten siblings, with only one older than she is. “With the many needs that are an inherent part of a big family, she was never deterred from always completing her assignments and doing an exceptional job,” said Principal Wojciak.

The mission of the Kenai Peninsula Borough School District is to empower all learners to positively shape their futures.

Tags: , ,