KPBSD inspiration: Michael Trail, Nikolaevsk School #ClassOf2019

Nikolaevsk Michael Train

Nikolaevsk School
Michael Trail, Class of 2019

“Nikolaevsk School is one of the best things that ever happened to me,” said Michael Trail, Nikolaevsk School Class of 2019. “The students and faculty are all extended family. There is no one that feels out of place, and that is one of the most important elements in a child’s life at school. In my case, it was the home of the warriors; Nikolaevsk. I was fortunate to have so many people to help me with my development as a student, and as a member of society.

I plan to attend AVTEC in the fall, where I will be learning plumbing and refrigeration. Since I got a full tuition scholarship for AVTEC, I can pursue this goal. Once I am done in learning my trade I plan on coming back to the peninsula. There is such a high demand for tradesmen nowadays, and no one is taking advantage of it. There is also the fact that there is only a handful of refrigeration experts on the peninsula. If I can come back and establish myself, and a business, then I will be able to make a difference here.

If I were to be asked what school I would recommend, I would not hesitate to say that parents should send their kids to Nikolaevsk.”

The mission of the Kenai Peninsula Borough School District is to empower all learners to positively shape their futures.

Tags: , ,