Kenai Peninsula Borough School District
Monday, March 16, 2020 UPDATE
Spring Break for students is extended for students to March 16-27, 2020 by State Mandate.
- Missed student school days will not be added to the end-of-the- year calendar
“Get It & Go” Free Meals for KPBSD students will be delivered daily to 25 locations, between 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
- Sign-up by Tuesday at 10:00 AM for delivery March 18, 19, and 20
- New: The KPBSD child does not need to be present–the parent or person picking up can simply bring their student ID. This option came at the request of parents who might not have their children with them at pickup time.
- Scan the QR Code or go to http://bit.ly/KPBSDmeals
Questions: call Student Nutrition Services 907-714-8890
KPBSD staff return to work*
- Symptom Free School Protocol is in place.
- Social–physical–distancing will be followed in the workplace
- *KPBSD is following the CDC and State of Alaska guidelines about travel, flattening the curve, and social distancing in schools and the workplace
- KPSBD staff will be contacting all families this week to access family needs!
- Staff focus will be to prepare digital & digital free resources for educational delivery in case of a longer school closure due to COVID-19, and slowing community spread
“The next nine days will be filled with training staff to move instruction to an online platform and use appropriate technologies to ensure instruction is accessible, meaningful, and engaging. We are asking teachers to potentially move the work they do every day, directly with students, from a physical classroom to an online environment, and that’s a significant undertaking.”–John Pothast, Director of Innovation and Strategic Planning
Everything is changing rapidly. You have dozens of questions and want answers. The KPBSD team will have more answers on Tuesday with an update late in the day, and there may likely be further changes and updates based on state and federal alerts and mandates.
For now, practice social distancing, wash your hands, be kind to one another, and do everything in your power to assist in the challenges and sacrifices we each are called upon to make in this spring of COVID-19.