Peninsula Borough School District
Staff and Students who travel outside of Alaska
Do you have questions about when you may return to KPBSD work or onsite-at-school learning after travel out of state? This may help:
Based on the State of Alaska Health Order No. 6 effective December 16, 2020:
KPBSD employees and students must observe “Strict Social Distancing*” for five days after arriving back in Alaska, after a COVID-19 test happened within 72 hours of departure back to Alaska, or testing on arrival into Alaska.
- If staff or students receive a negative test result and are symptom free, they can return to school on day 6. (Arrival day is day 0) Kindly provide your negative test result to the school
- If someone chooses not to test for COVID-19, they must quarantine for 14 days after arrival in Alaska
- If staff or students experience any COVID-19 symptoms after arrival at home in Alaska, they should get re-tested
Tip: Children age 10 and under can test, but it is not required. If a child is not tested, they will need to follow the same quarantine or strict social distancing* time as the adult with whom they traveled.
If the child aged 10 and under travels with an adult who received a positive COVID-19 test in the past 90 days and thus does not need to observe strict social distancing or quarantine, and the child is not tested, the child will need to quarantine for 14 days.
Have you received a positive COVID-19 test within 90 days?
The positive test result may also be used in lieu of testing, strict social distancing, or quarantine related to travel
Make sure to review the State of Alaska Travel Information Webpage for residents and non-residents: https://covid19.alaska.gov/travelers/
State Travel FAQs: https://covid19.alaska.gov/faq/
*Strict Social Distancing defined by the State of Alaska (Health Order No. 6, page 5)
- You may be in an outdoor public place, but you must remain six feet away from anyone not in your immediate household, and you must wear a face covering. You may arrange curbside shopping or have food delivery.
- You cannot enter restaurants, bars, gyms, community centers, sporting facilities (i.e., ice rinks, gymnasiums, and sports domes), office buildings, and school or daycare facilities. Do not participate in any group activities, including sporting events and practices, weddings, funerals, or other gatherings.