We are thankful for our Kenai Peninsula Borough School District Board of Education!
- Zen Kelly, President, District 9, South Peninsula
- Debbie Cary, Vice President, District 7, Kasilof/Central
- Jason Tauriainen, Clerk District 3, Nikiski
- Mike Illg, Treasurer, District 8, Homer
- Dr. Greg Madden, District 5, Sterling/Funny River
- Virginia Morgan, District 6, Seward/East Peninsula
- Matt Morse, District 2, Kenai
- Patti Truesdell, District 1, Kalifornsky
- Penny Vadla, District 4, Soldotna
- Tegan Retzer, Student Representative
The mission of public schools is to meet the diverse educational needs of all children and to empower them to become competent, productive contributors to a democratic society and an ever-changing world;
AND, school board members are dedicated to the success of our public schools, the students who attend them, and work closely with educational professionals, parents, and other community members to promote excellence in student learning and academic achievement;
AND, local school board members are committed to children and believe all children can be successful learners and the best education is tailored to the individual needs of the child;
AND, local school board members contribute their time and talents to our communities, and work closely with parents, educational professionals, and other community members to create the educational vision we want for our students;
AND, local school board members are responsible for ensuring the structure provides a solid foundation for our school system;
AND, local school board members ensure the assessment of students, school staff, and educational programs and are accountable to the community;
AND, local school board members are strong advocates for public education and are responsible for communicating the needs of the school district to the public and the public’s expectations to the district.
Join the Kenai Peninsula Borough School District to recognize the dedication and hard work of our local school board members, and the working in collaboration with them to mold an education system to meet the needs of all our children, today and in the future!